Navigation: DCP or SCP > Webstore > Settings > Merchants > "Settings" icon > Donations
Donation: monetary gift by students/parents. Donations are open-line items by which customers can specify the amount they would like to give (above a Minimum Donation amount that you establish). For example, a fundraising donation item could have a minimum of $5 and parents would see an open line item to add $5 or more to their shopping cart in the Parent Portal.
Adding a New Donation
To add a new donation, click on the blue "Add New Donation" button.
- General Ledger: items will be grouped by GL account for accounting purposes. See General Ledger Manager
- Minimum Donation: minimum amount that is required to donate. It has to be a value more than $0.00
- Donation Name: unique name of donation that is no longer than 30 characters in length
- Donation Number: equivalent to an item number.The donation number is unique to the donation and can only exist once; donation numbers cannot be duplicated
- Description: additional information that parents would need to know about the donation
- Form: an external (non-registration) form can be associated with a donation. This is created in the Form Manager. If a form is attached to an item, then the form will need to be completed in order for the purchase to go through. (i.e. sponsorships, classroom donations, etc.)
- Available to Webstore: select the availability date of your item in order for it to appear in the Webstore. If no date is selected, it will not appear in the Parent Portal
- External Link: if you would like parents to have an option to click to another link for "more info," you can include the link on the Item Details page here. In order for this option to show, you need to select "Available to Webstore"
- Recurring Payment: If this box is checked, parents will have the option to create recurring donations over a specified time period. If the box is not checked, the payment will be a one-time donation. (Options: Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly)
If you create the donation at the DCP level, you will need to assign it to the SCP in order for it to appear in the Parent Portal. See Assigning District Items, Fees, Fines, and Donations to the School
Please Note: If you delete a donation, you cannot use the same donation name or donation number again. Instead, you should change the status to Inactive if you think you will use the donation again in the future.