Navigation: DCP or SCP > Online Payments > Reconciliation
Reconciliation allows the school to match the daily bank deposits with the associated orders. Where you run the reconciliation process is contingent on where the merchant resides - either the DCP or SCP. For example, if the merchant you are reconciling for was created at the DCP, you must run the reconciliation at the DCP and not at the SCP level.
- From your bank statement, determine the date of reconciliation. Find the "Settled Date" on your statement.
2. In your virtual terminal, depending on the payment method (Credit Card or ACH), go to the Transaction Detail Report, and enter in the following:
Date Type: Settled Date
From Date / To Date: Date of Settlement
The Settled Amount should equal your bank statement.
1. Select the following in order to reconcile your orders:
- School: Reconciliation will be viewable in the control panel in which the merchant was created.
- Merchant: if you do not see the merchant under this list, make sure you are either in the appropriate control panel - DCP or SCP.
- Date Range: from date through to date. It is better to enter the actual deposit date as the system will automatically determine the expected / actual amount and Amount Short / Over. Due to some batch processing times, there may be additional orders that missed the cutoff settlement time and will be processed on the next day.
- Payment Type: you will need to run reconciliations separately for each payment option you have available to customers.
2. Click "View Orders"
3. Select the orders you wish to reconcile:
- Expected Amount: amount that you should have received from the orders
- Actual Amount: actual amount that you received from the orders
- Short/Over: the difference from expected amount and actual amount. If it is zero, then everything is perfect. If not, then you need to investigate the difference. It may be due to the cutoff times.
- Reconcile Date: verify (and modify if necessary) the Reconcile Date to the merchant transaction report or your bank deposit statement.
- Notes: you may enter reasons for not balancing in the notes area.
4. Verify all the entered information. Once you click "Deposit/Reconcile," the orders will be removed from the reconciliation and you will not be able to re-do the process.
5. Click "Deposit/Reconciation.
6. To closeout the reconciled deposits, please see Order Closeout.