Form Designer: the "canvas" where you will create the form fields. In other words, this is where you will ask the questions that you want your students to answer in the Parent Portal. This user-friendly editor will allow you to create fields (i.e. questions or statements) by dragging the respective field onto the workspace. When added to the workspace, the field will automatically appear at the bottom. You may also reorder the fields through this drag & drop method. Every field will have its own settings, so please ensure that these are configured because they will affect its appearance in the Parent Portal and in the reports.
Navigation: Form > Manager > Options > Form Designer
- Single Line Text: an open line field that allows students to enter a small amount of text (Character Limits for Sizes - small: 30, medium: 60, large: 100)
- Multi Line Text: an open field that allows students to enter large amounts of text
- Phone: a field for phone numbers. The character limit is contingent on the Student Format for phone. See Student Formatting
- Email: an open field for an email. Students are required to enter a valid email with the following signs: @ & .
- Date: a field that allows students to select a date in the Parent Portal
- Time: a field that allows students to select a time
- Date/Time: a field that allows students to select both a date and time (Please note: this field will only show military time)
- Checkbox: allows students to select multiple options
- Radio: allows students to select only ONE option
- Drop Down: allows students to select only ONE option
- File Upload: allows students to upload a field with a 1MB maximum limit.
- Section: A line followed by text.
- Text Block: text that will appear for the student to read
- Divider: A line used as a separator
- Field Label: the question or title that you as an admin want to show in the Parent Portal
- Description: for fields, Section & Text Block - additional information you want to relay to the parent. (i.e. instructions or agreements)
- Field Size: the width of the field
- Option Values: for fields, Checkbox, Radio Button, & Drop Down - the answer or input that will appear on the reports. This is typically shorter than the label and is seen only by administrators to make reporting easier.
- Option Labels: for fields, Checkbox, Radio Button, & Drop Down - the answer or input that will appear in the Parent Portal. This may be longer than the value if necessary.
- This field is required: if selected, students will be required to complete this field in order to save the form
- This field is printed on PDF: if selected, the particular field will appear on the PDF summary
- Visibility depends on another field: if selected, the field will only show based on what field and option is selected in this setting. (also known as a Conditional Field)
- Stack Direction: for fields, Checkbox & Radio Button - you may select whether you want the options to appear vertically or horizontally in the Parent Portal
- Clone: this feature will duplicate the field and its settings
- Delete: this feature will delete the field
It is advised that you SUBMIT the form throughout your form creation to avoid losing data due to system crashing or accidental refreshing. Please keep in mind that it is impossible to uncover unsaved data.