This feature allows you to create forms with custom field/ extended schema mapping. This will allow you to PULL and PUSH your selected custom fields from K-12 Online to Powerschool
- Database extensions in PS
- Create a form with SIS custom field integration
- Field Mapping for SIS custom field integration
- PULL custom fields
- Enabling / Disabling custom fields
- PUSH custom fields
Setting up Database extensions in PS
**Please make sure you are in the District Office in PowerSchool.
PS Navigation: Start Page > System Administrator > Page and Data Management > Manage Database Extensions
- To create your extension table, it is recommended that you select the 'Advanced Extension' option. However, if you've used the Basic Extension, the SIS Extension Name is U_Students_Extension. Once you've selected the Advanced Extension, click 'Next' at the bottom right
- Create an extension by clicking “Add” at the top right
- Name the extension for the custom fields
- Click Apply and then Next
- Click Next until you can create New Fields. Add fields.
- Powerschool extended schema will be mapped to K-12 Online custom fields
- Please note that the length can be from 40 to 4000 characters. Ensure that you have enabled sufficient characters for the length field as insufficient characters will result in blank fields.
Create a K-12 Online form with SIS custom field integration
Navigation: DCP/SCP > Form > Manager.
- In the Edit Form section under the Form Structure tab, Check off the box Labeled SIS Sync to enable the SIS to push/pull the information in that form for Powerschool.
Field Mapping for SIS custom field integration
To map your extended fields in K-12 Online, the extended schema in Powerschool's Custom Student Screen Fields will need to correspond with the fields in the form in K-12 Online.
Navigation: DCP/SCP > Forms > Form Manager
- Click on "Field Mapping" in the form options list.
- Find the extended schema in Powerschool
PS Navigation: Powerschool: Start Page > System Administrator > Page and Data Management > Custom Student Screens
Extended Schema in Powerschool is written as follows: EXTENSION TABLE NAME.Field Name
The SIS Field Name will be the end of the Field Name in PowerSchool
The SIS Data Type will be what you set to create the field. Most fields are set to 'String'.
The SIS Extension Name will be the Extension name in PowerSchool which is the first part of Field Name
Setting up Radio Buttons:
If you set up a radio button in Powerschool, the Data for Popup entries need to match the Values in the Form Designer in K12 Online. If you are synching State Reporting Fields that are just numbers, make sure that in K-12 Online form designer, under field settings, just the number is mapped as the Form Field value (Pushed to PS and reports). The Form Field label can be text (Viewed in Parent Portal).
Uploading extended schema to Powerschool:
There is no need to push the schema to Powerschool. Once created it will automatically be queued to push which may take up to 15 minutes to run.
PLEASE NOTE: Checkboxes in Powerschool do not behave as multiple choice options and should be avoided.