Navigation: DCP or SCP > Webstore > Settings > Merchants > "Settings" icon > Fines
Fine: fines are different from fees in that they can be assessed directly to the student and do not show in the Parent Portal. Fines are typically charged to a student account such a Course Fine, Late Fine, Lost Library Fine, etc. When a student is assigned a fine, they will only see it in their shopping cart in the Parent Portal, and the fine cannot be deleted or updated by the customer.
Adding a New Fine
To add a new fine, click on the blue "Add New Fine" button
- General Ledger: fines will be grouped by GL account for accounting purposes. See General Ledger Manager
- Fine Amount: amount required to be paid
- Fine Name: unique name of fine that is no longer than 30 characters in length
- Fine Number: equivalent to an item number. The fee number is unique to the fee and can only exist once; fee numbers cannot be duplicated
- Fine Description: additional information that parents would need to know about the fee
- Mandatory Fine: if the fine is required to be paid by the student, check this box
If you create the Fine at the DCP level, you will need to assign it to the SCP in order for it to appear in the Parent Portal. See Assigning District Items, Fees, Fines, and Donations to the School
Please Note: If you delete a fine, you cannot use the same fine name or fine number again. Instead, you should change the status to Inactive if you think you will use the fine again in the future.