Navigation: DCP or SCP > Online Payments > Setup > General Ledger
A general ledger account is an account or record used to sort and store balance sheet and income statement transactions. Using general ledgers in K-12 Online is mandatory when creating items/fees/fines/donations.
The General Ledger Manager page permits you to view, add, edit, and delete general ledger accounts. Since GL's are mandatory for all sell-able items, it is best to create them first before building your other Webstore material.
Note: DCP GL's can only be used for DCP Webstores and cannot be used for SCP Webstores.
Additional Note: GL's will only show in the Closeout Report after reconciliation. They do not appear in other reports.
The elements of a general account are:
- Account Name*: the name that will be associated with this account
- Account Number*: the GL account number associated with this account
- Account Type*: the category of the account selected from types (income, donation)
- Advisor Name: an optional advisor associated with activities on this account
- Advisor Email: the email address of this advisor
- Contact Name: an optional contact associated with activities on this account
- Contact Email: the email address of this contact
- Description: an optional description of this account
*Account Name, Account Number, and Account Type are mandatory fields. The other fields are optional and will only appear on this manager page.
Adding General Ledger Accounts:
- Click on the blue box in the top left corner labeled "ADD NEW GL"
- Complete the required fields (Account Name, Account Number, Account Type) and any other relevant fields, then click "SUBMIT."